Uber, the most popular private hire system in several countries, made a big change in everyday lives. As it is a more convenient way of transportation, an entrepreneurship and a way for people to increase their income. However, for some groups of people, it may be a little difficult to register as an Uber driver. If you are interested in learning more about Uber and how to become an Uber driver in London, don’t miss this article.
if you need to know about pco car hire in london and see our cars click on the link.
This article covers:
- What is Uber?
- Why is Uber so popular?
- An estimated income of an Uber driver.
- Uber partner London- rules and conditions.
- How to join Uber UK? Step by step guide.
- Tips to remember
What is Uber?
As it was mentioned, Uber is one of the most popular private hire and transportation systems in many countries which also supports food delivery, courier, etc. The idea of Uber was established by an Iranian-American business man in 2017 who was born in 1969 in Tehran. The Subsidiaries of Uber are:
- Uber eats
- Cornershop Inc.
- Uber international
- Routematch software
Uber also has a block chain in the stock market which costs about $56.
Why is Uber so popular?
Anytime IT joined a business, the business became one of the best in the world. Uber is one of those businesses which matched IT and the internet so well. Maybe as it was a new idea and no one had ever combined Taxi and transportations with the internet, it became that much popular. But, as a clearer reason, we can say that it was the best among all the internet cab systems. Although Uber was not the pioneer in this issue, it is undoubtedly the best.
Some other companies that provide similar services before Uber exist, include:
- Lyft 2012
- Ola cabs 2010
- Grab 2012
- Gett 2010
- Via 2012
- BlaBla car 2006
- DiDi 2012
- Turo 2010
Among all the other ride-share apps mentioned above, rather than Uber, Lyft is currently so popular too.
An estimated income of an Uber driver:
When it comes to ask yourself why should I become an Uber driver, the answer can be found in the average income of an Uber driver. Depending on the region, amount of trips and distances, income of an Uber driver can be various. Here we estimate the income of a typical Uber driver in London who works full time.
The wages per hour for an Uber driver in London varies from £8.75 to £15.00 depending on which part has been worked (food delivery, courier, private hire, etc.). Consume a typical driver who works 6 hours per day, has one day off, and is eligible to work for all parts. If we consider an average of £10.00 per hour, the driver can work £60.00 per day, £360.00 per week and about £1440.00 per month. The estimation shows it can have more than a normal part-time job, and less than a full-time job for you. But, if you try to work full-time, the income will definitely grow in a way that there would be no difference with the income of a normal full-time job in London.
Uber partner London- rules and conditions:
In order to become an Uber driver in any region, you must have the following conditions:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Have a valid driver license in the UK.
- Have a bank account to receive payments.
- If at the time of joining, you are under 23, 3 years driving experience and if you are above 23, 1 year of driving experience is necessary.
The other process would be explained in the coming part.
How to join Uber UK? Step by step guide:
This is the step by step guide of how to join Uber in the UK.
- Online registration:
All you need for online registration is a valid email of yours. Go to Uber’s official website and sign up.
- Get a private hire license:
If you have got one, it is great but if you don’t, check the centers that are accepted by Uber.
- Upload documents:
After signing up on Uber website and having the license, you can upload required documents and a profile photo to complete the registration forms. The required documents are mentioned in the coming section.
- Get a vehicle:
You can both use a private hire car or use your personal car.
- Account activation:
The last step is to activate your Uber account through the website and your email and be an official Uber driver.
- Get in and Go:
It’s time to find some riders and start your career as an Uber driver. Hope you earn a bulk!
Required documents to join Uber as a driver
- A valid UK driver’s license
- Proof of residency in your city, state, or province- You need to be eligible to work in the UK.
- Proof of vehicle insurance if you plan to drive your own car- if you decide to choose an Uber car rental from G&M Direct Hire, we offer you a free documentation upload!
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus; it cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
Congratulations! You are an Uber driver now. You can also pass the process through the Uber driver app and become an Uber driver in the UK.
Tips to remember
As a new Uber driver, you need to remember a few tips to be the expert in your occupation. Therefore, we decided to offer you the list below:
- If you want to earn more, remember to avoid traffic. You may assume that traffic will increase the trip duration as well as rates, but this is a false idea. Not only traffic won’t help you in earning more, but also your passenger may feel exhausted and rank you lower than expectations.
- Instead of wandering in the streets to find rides, try to locate in a good area and catch the passengers.
- In the first days, you may not be caught by many passengers, don’t worry. As soon as you find the spots, the passengers would be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to catch you.
- Don’t miss taking breaks after a couple of rides. Move out of the car, walk for a few moments or go to the back seats and lie down.
- When your shift is done and you are about to go home, try to find a rider with the same route. This way even when you are returning home, you will get paid!
- Treat your passenger like a guest. Clean your car, make it smell good, play some music, be kind and sociable, etc.