Technology is always there to help every daily routine be more efficient. Transactions are not an exception from this regulation. However, there are still a few people who prefer traditional paying to online transactions. Or sometimes, there is no opportunity to pay but in cash. As a result, recent members of Uber, whether they are drivers or riders, may be confused about how to pay in and take cash for Uber trips. Don’t worry because we are here to answer all your questions about this crucial issue. Let’s Go!
- Why is cash payment still common?
- How to take a cash trip on Uber?
- How do cash payments work?
- FAQs about cash trips of Uber
Why is cash payment still common?
Although cash payments have declined in many businesses, especially after COVID19 outbreak, some special businesses such as transportations still require cash payments. This happens for many reasons and we are not sure when cash trips are completely vanished from all businesses.
- Sometimes the riders are elderlies who can’t work with smartphones and probably someone confirmed the trip for them who is not around when the trip ends.
- Bad internet may happen in a few locations as a result the payments can’t be done online.
- The driver needs cash.
- There is no balance in the riders’ Uber wallet.
- Some riders want to get rid of cash in their pockets!
The community of cash payers is still large, though it is not the majority. Hence, it is necessary to have cash pay rides option so that more passengers can be taken.
How to take cash trips on Uber? How to pay and accept the cash?
There is no difference between accepting and taking a cash trip or a normal ride. The only thing that changes is the end of the trips.
Drivers’ behavior in cash trips
- Once the trip is over, the app shows the amount owed by riders.
- Riders are supposed to pay exactly what they have to, however may need a charge in some cases.
- They can pay an extra charge for tips or not.
- You always need to maintain some cash for charging the passengers.
Riders’ behavior in cash trips
- Go to your Uber account and select “wallet”.
- Choose the “payment method” and find the cash option.
- You can set cash payments as default payment method or do it manually for every ride you prefer.
- Make sure to have enough cash in your pocket!
How do cash payments work?
Let’s check how the cash process works for Uber drivers. As you know, Uber drivers are paid by Uber with a deducted subscription fee (the monthly fees may vary in different countries). As a result, even if the driver receives too many cash trips, the final balance in their account would be the online payments minus the subscription fee. This means drivers can keep the cash with themselves.
There are three more things to consider:
- Sometimes the rider has a discount code which offers them to pay less than expected. If they paid in cash less as they had a discount, don’t worry since the next online payment contains the deducted amount to your wallet.
- Sometimes riders may have a balance from the previous trip which means they need to charge Uber for a larger amount of money. You can take the extra amount for yourself and the next online payment will be paid to you considering the deducted amount of previous extra cash payments.
- If the rider cancels a cash trip, they are charged for the cancelation trip and it will be added to your account by weekly payments.
FAQs about cash trips for Uber
Yet, there are many other things to mention about Uber cash payments. Check the FAQs to find your answer.
Can the rider pay in cash on an Uber trip? Can the driver take the cash in Uber trips?
Yes, you can pay in cash for Uber trips just note that you need to change the payment method settings for every cash trip. Drivers can also accept cash payments only if the trip is set to be paid in cash.
What if the rider pays in cash for non-cash trips?
As the Uber driver you are not allowed to take cash for non-cash trips. Try to explain to the riders that taking cash for non-cash rides is prohibited. Besides, when the rider takes a non-cash trip, the fare will be automatically charged to the rider’s account.
What if the driver asks for cash payments in non-cash trips?
If you selected a cashless trip and the driver asked you for cash payment, inform us as soon as possible within 30 days after the ride. You really don’t have to pay the cash!
Are Uber cash trips available in all the regions?
Uber is trying hard to enhance the experience of using the app, so it tries hard to both make the customers satisfied by providing various payment methods while endeavoring to eliminate cash payments. As a result, cash trips are available in many locations. To make sure whether your region is among the cashless cities or not, check your Uber account. If you find a cash payment method, you can take a cash trip as well.
Is there any receipt for cash trips?
Yes, Uber riders will receive a receipt in their email containing the details of a cash trip.
How to figure out if I am driving a cash trip?
You can ask the rider to find out whether it is a cash trip or not in advance. However, at the end of the trip, if it was a cash trip, the Uber app will inform you.
Can riders only pay the tips in cash and the ride fee online?
Yes, it is up to you to choose the tipping method. If you are likely to pay the tips in cash, go for it. You can also pay tips online as well as the fare.